The certificate program in Digital Media Art at California State University Channel Islands is designed to prepare individuals for an entry-level career working in the expanding field of Digital Media Art. Anyone interested in Digital Media can get the certificate, including non-majors. Art majors who are already taking the courses in Digital Media will likely be eligible for the certificate just by completing the major. This Certificate is also available for non-CI students who are interested in coming back to school and bolstering their skills through the Extended Education program.
The courses in this series focus on multimedia, digital design for print media, web design, digital photography, motion graphics, and visual effects for film/video and computer animation lead to an in-depth understanding and technical proficiency working in computer-based media. The Digital Media Art Certificate is not a bad thing for a résumé, and demonstrates a critical level of immersion in the field.
- Introduce students to a range of technical applications utilized in the production of Digital Media Art
- Offer students the opportunity to broaden their knowledge of and develop competency working in Digital Media Art.
- Provide students with access and specialized instruction in the usage of state-of-the-art hardware and software
- Equip students with technical and artistic skills involved in the production of Digital Media Art
- Prepare students for an entry-level career in the field of Digital Media Art
Required Courses (18 units)
ART 108 Visual Technologies (3)
ART 204 Graphic Design (3)
ART 205 Multimedia (3)
ART 312 Digital Media Art: Time-Based Imaging and Compositing (3)
ART 324 Communication Design Technology: Web Design (3)
Select one additional course from the following:
ART 313 Communication Design Technology: Graphic Design for Print Media
ART 314 Digital Media Art: Digital Photography (3)
ART 316 Digital Illustration and Painting (3)
ART 317 Video Game Production (3)
ART 325 Digital Media Art: Digital Filmmaking (3)
ART 326 Digital Media Art: 3D Computer Animation (3)
ART 327 Communication Design Technology: Multimedia Theory/Process (3)
ART 382 Art for Social Media (3)
ART 385 Audio Design and Recording
If you are not already a CI student, admission to the University is not required for this certificate program. However, a separate certificate program application must be filed through Extended Education. For further information, call (805) 437-2748 or email email@example.com